Saturday, February 7, 2015

RDA Slotted Rotors

It's time to replace the front rotors on the Z. This time I'm working with a smaller budget, so I thought I would try out the rotors from RDA (Part number RDA7685S for 350Z with Brembos).


Here is a comparison of mass for all the brake rotors that I have tried:

Dixcel DAV FS: ~9.5 kg
RDA Slotted: ~8.5 kg
DBA 4000: ~8 kg
DBA 5000: ~7.5 kg
X3E Motorsport: ~7.5 kg
Project μ SCR-Pro: ~7 kg

Along with the rotors, a new set of Project Mu HC+ 800 pads find their way into the brake setup (thanks Kam). I have also treated the Z to a fresh set of OEM wheel studs and lug nuts, the old set have served the car well over the past 8 years.

The proof will be in the pudding when I test out these brake pads and rotors next week at Sandown. I am anticipating some hot conditions, being at the height of summer; so it will be a good workout for the brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment